the good, the bad, the sheer

Thursday, July 10, 2008

she's considering a move to EL AYY


Hi dearest ones -

After living in NYC for six years straight, I've decided to up the ante, bite the bullet, and move out west. I've visited LA 2x in the past few months, and the obsession is in full swing. 

However, one thing that has really been bugging me is all the anti-LA sentiments I've been hearing from my supposed "friends" over here in the Big Crapple. One buddy even asked me to make a freakin' list to lay out all of the reasons why I like LA, and then compare it to reasons why we like New York, and then, oh mah my, he thought I'd be convinced to stay.

Look, it's not as though I'm in hate with Brooklyn - I'm just going to cheat on it for a year or two with a cleaner, prettier, skinnier, sunnier place. I will get tan and thin, I will practice my driving skills, and I will take weekend vacays to places I've never been. Meet people I've never met. You know, potentially increase my brain mass for a hot sec instead of letting it dwindle away amongst a cloud of booze and reggaeton. 

I've been in New York ever since I graduated high school in 2002. I never spent a summer back home at my parents' house, I never studied abroad. It's time for a change :)

So, yea. Anyone want to rent my apt!?!??!

No comments: