the good, the bad, the sheer

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Why is your name so stoops?

I was going to call this post "Dear Black Kids," but I realized that even my blog post name about a bad band name sounded like tard-city. 

Why? WHY!?!?? This group has been on the radar for a while, and in all sincerity I actually do like the music. They are poppy, and catchy, and cute. Their songs are about teaching people to dance, or making sexy-faces at crushes, amongst other pressing topics. I saw them walking down Kenmare Street together once, and they looked lost and as though they wanted to hold each other's hands. Basically, with any other name, I wouldn't be so aggravated.

I suppose it just seems like such a desperate ploy for attention, or a silly way to have your name stick into people's minds. Sort of like a ridiculous and annoying radio commercial that is obnoxious to the point where you are incapable of forgetting the product in question. "Black Kids." I mean, really??!! Out of any possibility in the world.

This problem will likely only become exaggerated as the months drag on into autumn, and people will increasingly catch on to the band, and their name will be tossed around ad infinitum. But I'm sorry, it is a problem. A big, stupid, trite problem in my sheer mind.

No comments: