the good, the bad, the sheer

Saturday, October 11, 2008

you're not good.

I waste a TON of my time watching bad TV, or reading trash magazines, or listening to cheesy pop music on my iPod while aimlessly wandering. I admit it. I don't need to be doing scholarly/worthwhile stuff all of the time, or most of the time. I enjoy sheer trash! 

But this Zooey Deschanel person needs to stop, because she is NOT ok and I'm tired of people not questioning her shittiness and lack of talent. The only reason that she ever gets any positive press is because nerdy editorial guys who have placed this archetypical status on her, as this quiet, non-threatening, artsy-type gal who miiiight give them a chance, in their dreams, find her somehow acceptable or even likeable. So painful. In articles about her singing abilities or film roles, someone always has to toss in that "Zooey Deschanel is like this girl I used to have a crush on in high school, but better!" line. Calling her sheer trash would be elevating her to a platform she doesn't deserve whatsoever, she is just annoying as fuck and needs to either learn how to sing or act or at least go away. 

Watching her in The Happening was like watching a pile of bricks doing a monologue. She made Mark Wahlberg look like Anthony Hopkins. Listening to that horrendous She + Him album is like listening to Kermit the Frog shitting all over M. Ward's (once viable, now destroyed) talent. 

She needs to go away. I'll freak out if any more of my time is wasted on her. No puedo.

No comments: